Sunday 2 March 2014

Veggie Burgers

Last night I had an urge to make burgers, and because I live with a vegetarian, I made veggie burgers too. As is often the case, I read a few recipes for veggie burgers, failed to memorise them and then made my own version. They worked pretty well, so I thought I'd put my recipe up here. This makes about 4 burgers. I served them with some rocket, a slice of mild cheese, a seeded bun and ketchup mixed with chipotle paste.

Ingredients

2 tins red kidney beans
2 small red onions
2 slices stale bread
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp smoked paprika
splash Henderson's Relish
splash Tabasco or other hot sauce

Place the bread in a blender and blend into crumbs

Add the onions, spices and sauces, and a little salt and pepper and blend again

Add the beans and give it a couple of bursts till they're broken up but not completely blended

Form into patties and fry in a little oil on a medium to low heat until golden brown and cooked through

No comments:

Post a Comment