Wednesday 19 March 2014

Broccoli and Stilton Soup

This is one of my favourite soups, and I think I do an OK version of it. My version is thickened with potato rather than cream, which I prefer. I don’t really ‘do’ cream in soup. The amount of cheese you put in is kind of down to personal taste. Best served with crusty bread.

Ingredients

1 sliced onion
1 sliced leek
2 sliced carrots
1 diced baking potato
1 bay leaf
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets (cut the tough outer part of the stalk off and dice the rest)
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
100-150g Stilton



Soften the carrots, onion and leek in a little oil on a low heat for 15 mins.

Add the potato, bay leaf and stock cubes and cover with boiling water.

Simmer for 10-15mins, then add the broccoli (top up the water if needs be.

Cook fur a further 10 or so mins until the broccoli’s cooked, and then crumble in the Stilton


Retrieve the bay leaf, blend with a hand blender and adjust thickness and seasoning to taste (easy on the salt, it’ll already be quite salty from the cheese and stock cubes).

No comments:

Post a Comment